Nov 19, 2014

The First Trailer For Peanuts



So, the first trailer for Peanuts, by Blue Sky Studios, is out. I gotta say, I feel pretty excited. I have to mention the look of the movie first, it's incredible! They really went in a hundred percent to make it look like the old cartoons, something that seems quite impossible with 3D. But they somehow succeed. It looks like a mix of 2D, stop motion/claymation and 3D animation, it's just wonderful to look at and it feels fresh. I think a lot of 3D-animated movies nowadays tend to have a sort of similar style, you know that "3D-style", especially if it's not from the big three. It's so refreshing to see something different, something new.

The classic Peanuts music is of course there and really sets the mood, but the other song I'm not crazy about. I don't think it fits the mood or action that is going on. If they wanted to go with the happy song, they could have gone more out with it. The few voices (okay there are only two) we hear sounds like the old cartoons, indicating that they have done a good job with finding voices.

As for the story... Well, they're not telling any of the story yet, which I thinks works fine for the trailer. I feel like most people going to see this are going because of the old cartoons, to relive that magical time. Though I am very curios of how they will fill up 90 minutes of runtime (I'm guessing, no runtime released yet.) But I do have a lot of confidence in Blue Sky succeeding in that. They have worked so hard to make it look and feel like the old cartoons, so my guess is that the story will take the same approach, to just be very close to the original. I'm very excited for this, is it 2015 soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment